Open Source Geospacial Software in C#
SharpMap is an easy-to-use mapping library for use in web and desktop applications. It provides access to many types of GIS data, enables spatial querying of that data, and renders beautiful maps. The engine is written in C# and based on the .Net 2.0 framework.
Go To SharpMap
MsSqlSpatial is a Spatial Extensions for SQL Server 2005.
This project conforms to OGC Simple Features Specification for SQL Revision 1.1 and provides many useful features to power your GIS application.
* OGC Simple Features Specification for SQL Revision 1.1 conformant (non official but verifiable).
* 2D Geometries supported: Point, LineString, Polygon, MultiPoint, MultiLineString, MultiPolygon, GeometryCollection.
* Predicate functions: Equals, Disjoint, Intersects, Touches, Crosses, Within, Contains, Overlaps, Covers, CoveredBy, Relate, IsWithinDistance.
* Spatial analysis functions: ConvexHull, Intersection, Union, Difference, SymDifference.
* Linear referencing functions: LineInterpolatePoint, LineLocatePoint, LineSubstring.
* Spatial relationship and processing functions: Distance, Length, Area, Buffer, Centroid, PointOnSurface, Simplify, Polygonize, LineMerge and many more.
* Coordinate systems aware: SRID, SetSRID, Transform.
* Spatial indexing: Simple but effective implementation using table-valued functions (FilterQuery, JoinFilterQuery, IsWithinDistanceQuery, RelateQuery)
* Aggregate functions that overcome the 8000 bytes limitation of normal user-defined aggregate functions: UnionAggregate, EnvelopeAggregate, IntersectionAggregate.
* GML support: AsGML function.
* Import from shapefiles and PostGIS tables.
Go To MsSqlSpatial
Aciqra is a simple and easy to use desktop planetarium tracks the objects of the sky from anywhere on Earth to an accuracy of 1/5 of a degree for the next 1000 years.
Go To Aciqra
Geotools.Net is a set of .net class useful when handling geographic information. The project started as port from Java to C# of JTS 1.2. It implements the following OpenGIS specifications: Simple Features specification, Coordinate Transformation Services.
Other features include:
* ability to read and write well-known-binary
* ability to export features to SVG
* ESRI shapefile import and export
Go To GEOTOOLS.NET
NetTopologySuite is a C#/.NET port of JTS Topology Suite, a Java library for GIS operations (OpenGIS compliant).
The main goal of this project is to have a .NET GIS solution that is fast and reliable for any kind of .NET platform, PocketPC and Sql Server 2005 (through CLR integration) included. The project also includes some parts of another .NET library SharpMap, that integrates the capabilities of read/write data from and to file formats such as Shapefile format, coordinate transformations and projections, and much more.
Go To NetTopologySuite
Proj.Net is a .NET 2.0 library that performs point-to-point coordinate conversions between coordinate systems. The spatial reference model used adheres to the simple features specification.
* Datum transformations.
* Geographic, Geocentric, and Projected coordinate systems.
* Compatible with both Microsoft .NET 2.0, Mono, .NET Compact Framework & Silverlight.
* Converts coordinate systems to/from Well-Known Text (WKT) and to XML.
Go To Proj.Net