Open Source Content Management Systems (CMS) in C#
|Go.Kryo is a ASP(C#).NET simple content management system, using Microsoft SQL Server as a backend database.
Go To Go.Kryo
|nkCMS is a CMS system written for ASP.NET and SQL-Server 2000.
Go To nkCMS
|The Rainbow project is an open source initiative to build a comprehensive content management system using Microsoft's ASP.NET and C# technology.
Go To Rainbow
|umbraco is a Content Management Platform written in c# on the Microsoft .NET platform. It's fast, flexible and with a user interface that makes it a charm to use.
Go To umbraco
|Cuyahoga is a flexible CMS / Portal solution written in C#. It runs on both Microsoft .NET and Mono with SQL Server, PostgreSQL or MySQL as database options.
* All content management is done with separate modules.
* The webmaster can maintain the site structure, templates, users and roles from a secured administration module.
* Content management is done via the site itself, so contributors don't need to have access to the site administration.
* Detailed feature list Node-based site structure with unlimited depth.
* Multiple sites with one installation.
* Site aliases: make your site or a specific part of your site accessible from an alternative url.
* Templates with user-defined content regions.
* Search engine.
* Content localization.
* Authorization on multiple levels (view and edit).
* Search engine friendly url's.
* Highly configurable caching for better performance (object caching for the core objects and output caching for modules).
* Content syndication (RSS).
* WYSIWYG content editor.
* Database independancy due to NHibernate (scripts for MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL and MySQL included).
* Mono support.
Go To Cuyahoga
|mojoPortal is an Object Oriented web site framework written in C# that runs under ASP.NET on Windows or under mono on GNU/Linux or Mac OS X.
Go To mojoPortal
|Free Open Source, JMDCMS is a powerfull module based Content Management System. Written in ASP.net and C# with SQL Server as database. Flexible automatic 3Col, 2Col, 1Col layout. Page Level / Module Level security and publishing control. Search engine friendly URL with ability to Set Page Title, Description and Keywords by page.
Go To JMDCMS
|DotNetNuke is an open source web application framework ideal for creating, deploying and managing interactive web, intranet and extranet sites. DotNetNuke can support multiple portals or sites off of one install. DotNetNuke includes a multi-language localization feature which allows administrators to easily translate their projects and portals into any language.
Go To DotNetNuke
|N2 is an ASP.NET CMS engine that helps to manage content/data by providing a storage mechanism, a nice edit interface and many other useful services.
* Organize of pages in a hierarchical structure.
* Web based edit interface (internet explorer or mozilla required)
* Create, read, update and delete pages stored in a database.
* Copy, move, sort and search pages.
* Separation between text (content) from templates (HTML).
* View and rewind to earlier versions of a page.
* Organize, delete and link to uploaded documents and folders.
* Word-like input of formatted text/content.
* Role based access control to edit interface and to branches of the pages within the site. A very simple user manager is also included.
Go To N2 CMS
|VWD-CMS is an ASP.NET 2.0 content management system built with developers in mind - based on the belief that using a CMS should not limit a developer's ability to fully customize a website. Content is stored in XML files which means that simple sites can be created without requiring SQL Server. Most websites will need user registration and management which is provided by ASP.NET Membership services and these features require SQL Server. VWD-CMS provides basic tools for managing member notification subscriptions and sending email notifications. VWD-CMS Forums provides blog style forums so site members can participate in discussions.
Go To VWD-CMS
|XMLNuke is a Content Management System designed for Internet web sites and it is a Development Framework for developing WEB applications.
The programmer find built-in several classes for XML and XSLT manipulation, relational database access, security mecanism, cache for optimizing XML manipulation, internationalization and much more. XMLNuke framework also implements a XML structure to storage and retrive data, so no database is needed.
Go To XMLNuke
|Composite C1 CMS is a fully featured free open source web Content Management System developed for (and by) web professionals who focus on customized websites and content. Broad support for ASP.NET features like Razor, .master pages, MVC and Web Forms. Very front-end developer friendly.
Go To Composite C1 CMS
|FocusOPEN is a free and open source ASP.NET Digital Asset Management system written in C# and SQL Server (T-SQL). It includes a number of enterprise class features such as a dedicated media processing server, multi-brand support, flexible configurable metadata, faceted and filtered search interfaces (as well as full text indexing) and sophisticated security and user access roles. FocusOPEN is available with an AGPL and Commercial licence.
Go To FocusOPEN Digital Asset Manager
|Sense/Net 6.0 is the Open Source alternative for building integrated Enterprise Content Management (ECM, ECMS) and Enterprise Portal (EPS) solutions running on the .Net platform and in the near future also on Mono.
Go To Sense/Net 6.0
|A simple, SEO Friendly, C#, ASP.NET, XML Content Management System (CMS)
These 'WebFoundations' are a great starting block when developing an ASP.NET CMS.
* A WYSIWYG editor (FCKEditor)
* Content caching (No IO overhead)
* Multi language support (can be set on querystring or dropdown)
* Search engine friendly URL's (url rewriting)
* Easily themable (Build on ASP.Net Master Pages)
* An image gallery control (it consumes XML Picasa exports)
Web Foundation sites can be hosted on inexpensive hosting as there is NO Database requirement (all the data is stored in XML files).
Go To WebFoundations