BlogEngine.NET is an open source .NET blogging project. A blog platform with less complexity, easy customization, and one that takes advantage of the latest .NET features.
* Very easy to setup and customize.
* It comes with all the features of a modern blog engine as well as new unique features such as AJAX comments and screenshot trackbacks.
* Features social bookmarks, OpenSearch support, XFN tags, AJAX, Microsummaries, Gravatars, coComments, tag cloud, Google sitemap and other so called Web 2.0 features.
* The referrer statistics enables you to see which websites link to you.
* There is a variety of cool widgets that such as an AJAX post calendar or a blogroll that automatically retrieves the latest posts from each blog and displays the title beneath the blog.
* It features a very advanced commenting system in AJAX that supports country flags, live preview, Gravatars, coComments.
* It supports sindication feeds in any possible location.
* Trackbacks and pingbacks.
* The search capability of BlogEngine.NET allows the visitors to search in the comments.
* It supports the creation of static pages that exist outside the blog chronology.
* It fully supports multiple authors to write posts on the same blog.
* Cool themes
* All the controls in BlogEngine.NET are 100% XHTML 1.0 compliant.
* BlogEngine.NET is built from the ground up using nothing but C# and ASP.NET 2.0. It means that you can write new controls and themes by using the skills you already have as a .NET developer.